I love blogging. I really do. I love the whole idea of keeping a pretty journal full of pictures and vignettes from my life. Others may enjoy it if they wish, but no pressure. I can put things in it if I want, no pressure. But best of all, redecorating is loads cheaper than redecorating my actual house.
Fall cleaning has been happening at my (real aka non-internet) house this week. I do this pretty much every change of seasons. And when I start cleaning I start thinking about my life. And when I start thinking about my life I start setting goals and making changes. So, basically, I end up re-organizing my life every season. And since this blog is a general reflection of my life, it gets a bit of an overhaul every season too.
This blog is my baby. My my art project, if you will. I'm always looking for ways to improve this place; the pictures, the writing, the design. As part of my plan to pursue excellence here on my blog I have some goals for the coming season.
I'm sharing them here in bullet form because bullets are wonderful (duh) and because if I share them I will feel somewhat obligated to follow through (come on internet, give me some accountability!). So without further adieu, this are my intentions for the Fall:
- Post more.
- Posting once a week is not acceptable. I want to force myself to either write or take a good picture for the blog at least 3 times a week.
- I'd like to post more pictures and not just of Gideon. I'd like to post a video or two or even a poem. Maybe a song?
- Connect with other bloggers.
- I read a lot of blogs. I almost never comment. A large number of people read my blog. Very, very few comment. I suspect there is a correlation and I would like to remedy the lack of comments on both ends.
- Participate in NaBloPoMo 2011.